Friday, April 27, 2012

Pyaasa




I've always admired Black and White cinema, even though I've not watched many Black and White movies. "Pyaasa' was recommended to me by many people and that's how I'm so glad that I've watched this timeless masterpiece.

Pyaasa is a touching story that's told in such simplicity that it manages to create an emotional impact. It's not just a story but a concept that resonates a meaning, about the world, our society as a whole and that's what makes it a master piece.

The lyrics of the songs in this movie just ooze out sheer beauty and just add up to the movie's prestige as a classic.

Pyaasa, One of the best movies ever. Something even supported by the Time Magazine.

What new movies can learn from the Black and White era is, the story progression and the crisp screenplay, that turns a movie into a make-believe reality by pulling in the viewer's involvement.

My Rating- 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment