Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Doors


Ever since I'd discovered music by The Doors, I'd wanted to watch this movie. Personally I really like some songs by this band. Jim Morrison's voice is hypnotic.

Just like his voice, the movie is hypnotic too. So hypnotic that you would want to go for a little nap, just to survive this movie.

The Doors, tries to be a biopic about the great band that we know of. But it just ends up talking about Jim Morrison, makes me think, why did they name the movie "The Doors" then ?

The movie tries hard to depict the contraversial moments of the band as accurately as possible, due to which the story progression suffers. The scenes are shot in parts, describing each gig by the band. It never looks like a single movie altogether.

What this movie lacks completely, are the emotions. Morrison is depicted as the usual "Sex, drugs and rock n roll" star. But nothing more than that.

You can let this one pass. Even if you're a Doors fan like myself. You can just trip to their awesome music for 2 whole hours than watch this boring movie.

My rating- 2/5 [ 1 mark just for Morrison's voice in the movie ]

No comments:

Post a Comment