Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chaalis Chaurasi [2011]




Every year there's a class of non-mainstream movies, which try to strike an artistic chord, separate from the commercial class of cinema. I like to watch such movies. Cinematic-ally they might lack a lot of things, but they surely showcase ideas that try to stand out without the commercial nurturing. "My friend pinto" was one such movie that released last year and I loved the movie.

Chaalis Chaurasi is again a movie from the similar class. However, it falls short due to many reasons, a poor screenplay, complex story progression and a lot of time wasted in setting up the story. I won't even say that the movie is bad. It saves itself by the end and ends up being a not-so-bad movie which is not good. I hope you understand what I mean.

The only thing to admire in this movie is the way a story is conceived. The movie also manages to throw in an element of thrill and grips you at certain moments. Another thing to admire is Mr Shah and his fetish for item girls.

You can skip this one. But watch it only if you want to see a movie that is not good but ends up being a not-so-bad movie with a story that's surely worth a hear.

My rating- 1.75/5

PS- My first movie of 2012. This can look more better ya know. Oh thou kind Lord of Cinema bless the world with good movies before we reach our Mayan-governed end.

No comments:

Post a Comment