Thursday, November 1, 2012

Skyfall



Maybe I'm not a die-hard fan of the Bond franchise. Maybe I expect Bond movies to be extravagant parties full of mind boggling, impossibly real technology and clean action. Maybe Skyfall was too simple and basic for my towering expectations.

 OR

Maybe Skyfall was just another action movie, and not a Bond movie necessarily  Maybe the recession-hit market suggested that the film makers only shot the action scenes to fill the trailer. Maybe Skyfall was a money minting tactic when the world is facing financial crisis. But still the screenplay was pretty neat and the plot was simple.

In short. Skyfall is just another action movie. The good. The bad and the games just remain in the fighting ring, without exploding out the barriers. A strictly "good" movie, that can be watched with the popcorn-munching.

OR

Maybe I was just drunk.

My rating- 3/5 [3 for the simplistic execution, as I've a bias towards simplicity in story-telling]

No comments:

Post a Comment