Sunday, January 27, 2013

You've Got Mail

I had to watch this movie as one of my Profs in college had used it as a reference in many of his classes which were surprisingly about Marketing. But yes, when you watch this movie marketing will be the last thing on your mind.

I can make out by the wiki page and even by the vague remembrance of spotting this movie's video cassette back in childhood, that this movie hit the spot back then and was pretty popular. I see why this story based on a book was a viewed as a very unique story and even appreciated. Today when you watch this movie, it reflects the innocence of those yesteryears.

The movie is good, a little draggy in the later half. Just a little though. Then again, watchable.

I would call it the Hollywood Masala movie from the 90s. Which is unlike the Bollywood Masala movie of today, because Masala cinema or in a more sophisticated terminology, "Mass Cinema" wasn't tasteless as it is today. Stories of those days had an essence to them. And today... there's no story at all. Oh well, but that's just Bollywood. Hollywood's keeping us alive. God bless America.

My Rating-2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment