Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Artist


The only time I might've watched a silent film was in my childhood. I've got a vague remembrance of a Charlie Chaplin movie. There was also "Three Stoogies" , the TV show. After ages it's a walk down that forgotten road.

The Artist may be a silent movie but it paints a beautiful picture in motion. Every scene is talking through the depiction. You're in no way cut out by the silence, the movie makes a connection emotionally. Jean Dujardin is expressive, the silence does not limit his skill at all.

The story just adds up to the sweet portrayal of the black and white era. The movie lags a little later on, but then again I keep realistic expectations from a silent movie so I won't complain.

Overall, a sweet movie, the romance is clean, cute and makes you fall in love, just like it was in those good old days of black and white.

Go on, be brave and experiment with this one. You won't be disappointed.

My rating - 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment