Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mississippi Masala




In an attempt to explore the works of this gem of a director they call, Mira Nair. I watched Mississippi Masala and as expected, I'm not at all disappointed.

The movie is pretty ordinary, if you watch it today. But back when it was released, I'm sure it ould've been a pretty different subject in terms of the standards back in the 90s.

The good part of the movie, is that it doesn't drag. The screenplay is crisp and Mira Nair definitely does not disappoint. I won't compare this movie to Monsoon Wedding but like MW, even MS is a fine example of Mira Nair's ability to take the most ordinary of stories and turn them into something beautiful, with appropriate detailing and a screen play that ornaments the story so beautifully.

My Rating - 2.75/5  

No comments:

Post a Comment