Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monsoon Wedding






I cannot express how regretful I feel for not watching this movie earlier. There are very very few movies that leave me with no regrets in the end. Yes, I'm a tough critic to crack. After Monsoon Wedding, I think I've found a favorite director in Mira Nair.

Monsoon Wedding is nothing but beauty with perfection. The pieces just fall, and fit in so perfectly, that you can't help but awe at this beautiful movie. I actually have no words. The commendable fact is that you can make can make a beautiful movie even out of a minimal plot by beautiful detailing that is bursting with emotions. It's like finding purity in a dew drop as compared to other film makers who merely "try" to find purity in deep waters. Mira Nair has found the purity in a dew drop and there's nothing more to it, it's just perfect.

I love you, Mira Nair. You always touch my heart with every movie. Her camera work is very metaphorical and captures some picture perfect frames. I can actually go on and on.

So yes, Monsoon Wedding is beauty, sweetness, emotions personified. And it's my humble request to all the Firangs that if they want to get a taste of India, then first they'll have to burn a Slumdog Millionaire DVD and buy a couple of DVDs of this movie, keep one and gift the rest to their Firang friends. Yes, do that and in case any firang who happens to read this blog that nobody reads does what I say, he shall not regret it and he shall post a comment here.

My Rating- 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment